Just recently, a close friend of mine lost her Mother. During what could only be labeled as a year from hell in 2020, I decided to gift her with Cannabis In-Memory-Of Cocktails.
Traditionally, flowers are the thing to give when someone you know loses a loved one.
But here’s the thing: Flowers die. But Cannabis? It can soothe and numb some of that heart-hurt and when done properly, can help ease anxiety and depression too.
How Do You Make A Cannabis Cocktail?
Easy. You just need to infuse Cannabis into your bevvie of choice. Today we’re talking gin. You can do this with vodka, tequila, basically anything.
Below is a handy recipe to bookmark and keep, so you can infuse cannabis into your alcohol.
You can always make a tincture which is easily dropped into any cocktail for an added splash of pot.
The recipe below calls for vodka, but for our recipe today you’ll need gin.
- 3 Grams Cannabis buds
- 1 Bottle Vodka
Decarboxylate your weed by spreading your cannabis evenly on an oven tray And coat with aluminum foil.
Place in the oven on 240F/115C for 25 till 45 minutes, and then let it cool.
Chop or grind the cannabis and wrap into cheesecloth to come up with a small package.
Place the package in a bottle of vodka. And let it infuse for 3 days. Shaking every 12 hours.
Cannabis In-Memory-Of Cocktails
Here’s what I did to prepare this in-memory-of gift for my friend.
- High-quality gin (that will last for a while) My favorite is a Canadian brand called Georgian Bay Gin.
- Organic juices-because they’re so much better tasting and better for your health. I love Ceres Juices.
- I created a cute little recipe card (below) and included it in the gift bag
- Big gift bag. Put all of the ingredients inside ( this includes the infused gin), and bought some plastic wine cups at the dollar store.
- Sympathy card -and sent our love and condolences inside.
Cannabis Cocktail Recipe – Gin & Pineapple Cocktail
Servings: 1 person
- 1 ounce Canadian Gin
- 1 ounce Ceres Pineapple Juice
- 3 Ice cubes
- 1 splash Ginger ale
Mix all ingredients except for the gingerale together
Pour over a cocktail or martini glass
Add a splash of ginerale to top it off, and toast to the loved ones you have lost.